They were a small band of Nabobs. For years they had lived in the mountains about three kilometers from the sea, in a place called Lawn, meaning load. It was a slope;, they could easily load things on their backs. It was located somewhere between Gymkhana (Canaan De ROR) and Button-Mamas (Button City). On it, they planted various root crops. Fished near the shore and hunted small game. The men wore G- strings and shirts of fine kinsman. But the primordial urge to gravitate to water was upon them.
They longed to settle closer to the sea. Binge and Bengali, the brother and sister team were the acknowledged leaders of the group. They were Joined by Indo, Making, Gaping, Saba and a few others. When they reached the edge of the bay, they discovered a spring next to a huge lawman tree, and they named the spring Mammalian, after the tree. From here, they see the towering and majestic Balalaika Mountain to the north. Gazing seaward, they could see as far as Speak to the West and Punt Data to the East. Finding the place ideal, they started the ritual of the data.
Don’t waste your time!
Order your assignment!
No one would go on a Journey or make an important decision without performing this age-old ritual to their Gods. From a large root of the lawman, they fashioned a wooden basin. From the earth, they McCollum a cooking pot. They placed the pot upside-down in the basin and, pouring water in the basin, Bengali- the servers- intoned: “Megabyte, Indo Kay TA bug an ammo gag languor Alan as mega Zulus day Saba ads a subhuman. ” (God, lead us to the land where we may live, for there is only one meaner of livelihood for us). The Nabobs then left the site of the data to await the result.
They returned the following day. To their surprise and Joy, he water from the basin was gone except for the water in the upside-down pot! They believed this signaled a good future. So they named this place their new home- GINGKO, meaning good luck. Thus was born Gingko (pronounced Hi-mongo-go), the City of Good Luck, more than a century and a half before the arrival of the first Spaniards, on that significant day on March 16, 1521. The natives continued to grow in number. In 1723, Father Felix Garcia, a Jesuit missionary from Button, arrived. He was the first white man to visit Gingko.
His mission was to spread Christianity. He baptized the natives: Binge to Binge Journo; Bengali to Bengali Journo; Indo to Santiago Sunday; Making to Xavier Sunday, and Boonton, a man from Bilinguals, Misaims to Barstool Condone. There were men named Dulling to Rodriguez. Other baptized were Sixth Camera and Juan Condone. Not long after, immigrants from other places began to pour in, like the Gomez family from Catamaran, Campaign and the family of Principle Gung from Candelas, Signalman, Boll whose son, Saudi was baptized to Antonio Gung.
After the baptism, FRR. Garcia told the natives that the place was not safe from the pirates. Instead, he suggested that they would buy cannon in Surging so that this could be their best protection. The priest, after knowing the reason of the natives’ reluctant, said: “l would recommend you to the government you to the governor of Surging so that you kinsman would be allowed as a barter to the cannon. “The natives agreed. So, with 15 other companions, Santiago “Indo” Sunday led the group in going to Surging. Reading the recommendation of FRR.
Felix Garcia, the governor readily accepted kinsman as barter to the cannon. This led them to built a watchtower, where in Mbabane whose strength was extraordinary, roughs the cannon with his one hand to the top of the watchtower. The time had come that the pirates did attack Gingko. But the cannon were more powerful. With only one firing, the propagate of the pirates was pulverize including all those on board. From Dangerous to Chub-Manikins FRR. Gregory Preacher, 39 years of age and the most active among the Jesuit priests, arrived in Gingko from Bilinguals.
He was a scion of a well-off family in Spain. Gingko was his second place of assignment. He was the one who insisted that Gingko should be transferred to Chub-Manikins, a place which was plane and vicious enough for an expanding settlement. To him, the old site of Gingko was so small, whose roads were narrow and very close to the sea. “there is no way you can expand with this kind of area,” he used to say. Under the leadership of Captain Monica Credo, the settlers were convinced to transfer.
Then they conducted an actual survey on the suggested place which was known at that time as Chub- Manikins. Those who made the inspection were Manioc Credo, Longing Mendoza, Benign Guano, Dona Incarnation De Lira, Alexandra Gomez and Bartholomew Mendoza. They were convinced that Chub-Manikins was really a good place whose area was wide enough for expansion in the future. So the transfer was effected in 1885. The new site was officially named Gingko, while the old site was named Dangerous. Chub and Manikins are names of two rivers.
Chub River traverses the application of Gingko, while Manikins, another river in the west side, traverses Barbarian 24-A and Barbarian 25. They have been followed through the centuries by many people who have settled down in Gingko, seeking a good life in “the place where luck is good. ” “H” was the first letter of Gingko That Gingko started with an “H” as first letter is buttressed by the first Philippine map ever produced in history, the one made by padre Pedro Muriel De Velar in 1734. This map was scientifically kept at the Legal’s Museum in Magmata City.
It spells Gingko as “Hinging” Historical sources revealed that the Spanish who recorded all events in the locality, found it difficult to pronounce Hinging as such that “Inning”. Because they don’t have the correct pronunciation of Hinging, they sacrificed the “H” which was the correct spelling and change it with a “G”. Thus, Gingko. The Conquest The Cross The sword The arrival of Magellan (Samara) in the early morning Saturday, March 16, 1521 our history the transformation of the Filipino natives, from pacing worshiping into Christianity. On Easter Sunday, 1521, FRR.
Pedro De Valerian celebrate first mass on the Philippine soil Magellan, Colombo, Sago and others in Miasma. Before the cross which they reacted in the afternoon of that day, the pagans were converted into Christianity through Roman Catholicism. Listed hereunder are the names of the priests assigned in Gingko with their years of incumbency. * FRR. Gregory Preacher, SO * FRR. Ramona Fannies, SO * FRR. Juan Leopard, SO * FRR. Salvador Begun, SO * FRR. Matins Roué, SO * FRR. Alfred Kimono, SO * FRR. John O’ Connell, SO Augustan Cousin, SO Calcite Yam, SO Augustine M.
Bellow, SO Edward Wassail, SO George Chokecherries, SO William Adams, SC Martin Ryan, SC Dennis Miscall, SC William Canned, SC John Gilmore, SC Jim Fleming, SC Popularly Gumdrop, SC Peter Peculator, MSP Luis Regarded Bartholomew Leans, ESP. Issuant, esp. Jose Villain, ESP. Cesar Sages, ESP. Inert C. Toccatas, ESP. * Megs. Tex Legitimate, ESP., PC The Protestants When the treaty of Paris was signed on December 1898, the Philippines was turned ever by the Spaniards to the Americans in consideration of the amount of $20 million which was allegedly a payment for such a turnover.
With the Americans handling the affairs of the government, another form of belief was introduced, that is, Protestantism, the religion that is based on the teachings of DRP. Martin Luther and founded by him on Cot. 31, 1517. Luther expounded his Ninety-five theses which exposed the alleged defects of the teachings of the Catholic Church. Luther c called his group as the Reformed Christians. The first Protestant service in the Philippines was made by a chaplain of the army, named Rev. George G. Still, a Methodist, on August 28, 1896. On Novo. 898, the first missionary, Rev. Charles Oven, arrived in Manila, and started organizing schools of mission. DRP. James Rodgers, a Presbyterian, followed; and then Rev. David Hubbard in 1899 who established Sicilian Institute in Demagogue two years after his arrival. Another group of American missionaries arrived: Methodists, Episcopalian and Baptists in 1990; United brethren and Disciples of Christ, 1901; Congregationalists, 1902; Christian and Missionary Alliance and Seventh Day Adventists, 1905 From Sicilian Institute, the campaign of the
Reformed Christians was led by a pastor-couple, Grecian T. Alleged band his wife, Florentine. They first arrived in Surging in 1929 and established a church. Mr.. Alleged was the pastor for the whole Surging in 1929-1933. In 1933-1938, the couple moved to Balancing, Misaims Occidental and in the later part of 1938, they arrived in Gingko. One resident of Gingko who was already a Protestant even prior to the arrival of the Legatos was a certain Pablo Hector. Another source revealed that Lunar was the first place in Gingko to receive protestant faith.
It was here that a ingratiation named Lunar United Evangelical Church in 1930 was located in Oilcan, the site of the Protestant cemetery these days which is known now as socio Actual. The church was established through the efforts of the Scantest- Abundant, Raymond and Memo. First principal leader at the time was Chit Digit. The first pastor in Lunar was Rev. Domingo Cinch. When he was transferred, a permanent pastor was designated in 1934 whose name was Rev. Ovenbird G. Masques. In Naked the Protestant Church was established in 1939 whose first baptized member was Angel Lumbar, while in Doing, it was Action Minimal.
In another development, in the application of Gingko, the first baptized Protestants was Vaccine Managing in 1938. The church of the United Church of Christ in the Philippines in the Application constructed in 1951, made possible through aid of an American philanthropist.