It is true that completing a bibliography is one of the most important parts of the assignment. Without a well-written bibliography page, a teacher or a professor is more likely to ask a student to revise the paper, or he or she might put a bad mark without even checking the whole text. In other words, in order to avoid issues while completing a high-quality paper for any class, all students are highly recommended to pay closer attention to the last but definitely not the least significant page of their assignments, where their bibliography is. In case you are looking for the recommendations for writing a bibliography for your tasks and you are interested in impressing your professor, there are some important tips you need to keep in mind.
- First of all, it is essential to explain that a bibliography is a list of the magazines, internet sources, articles, reports, and books that students use while completing their assignments, such as essays, term papers, research projects, and even presentations. While working on a certain writing task, a person needs to develop a bibliography only after preparing his or her background research plan. It should work as a basis of the research parts that will be covered. Eventually, before students compose their bibliographies, they need to come up with a great background research plan.
- Secondly, it is worth highlighting that, with the help of the background research plan, it is easier to start looking for the sources of information that are necessary for completing the assignment. As the students find this information, they are required to mention where the details or quotations are from. Eventually, it is critical to writing down all of the necessary information as soon as the source is found. With this step in mind, there will be no need to look for the same data again in case some details are missed. As a result, the more information a student can write down about the source such as book or article he or she found, the easier it will be for him or her to come back to that information again if needed.
- Thirdly, it is crucial to remember that, while writing a report or a term paper, you will use a wide range of sources in your bibliography list to remind you of background information and various facts you indicated for your project. Eventually, every time you add some information from an article, a website, or a book, you will have to cite the source that you used. To cite a source, all you have is to put the name of the author and the date of the publication in brackets after the information you used. As a result, people who will later read your term paper, essay, or project will find it easy to learn more about the sources or author you have mentioned in your text. With this in mind, you should not forget that every source that you have used must be added to the bibliography list on the last page of your paper.
Now, if you want to know how to work with bibliographies or how to complete a good one with no problem, you need to keep in mind several rules.
Don’t waste your time!
Order your assignment!
- First of all, you should make a list to control all the websites, articles, books, or studies you open and use while working on your essay or your term paper. Since it is better for you to come up with a background research plan, bibliography list should become one of the most critical parts of your work.
- Secondly, you should remember that the majority of professors would ask you to include at least three written sources for your bibliography. As a result, depending on the size and subject of your assignment, you need to start looking for as many sources as possible. However, you need to choose the websites, articles, or books you will use wisely. To be exact, keep an eye on the year of the publication. Do not use very old books if you can find newer ones. At the same time, if you are working with the articles in online journals, try to find the ones that are no more than five or seven years old, if possible.
- Thirdly, you should be able to access all the sources you have used to prove you know the authors and the articles you indicated in your bibliography. That is why, it is necessary to photocopy, print, or write down the information about the websites, books, or articles you have used. For instance, you need to collect the following details for every webpage you included to your bibliography: full name of the author or editor (or the name of the organization who posted that information), title of the page, web address of the page, the date of publication, and the date when the page was accessed by you (since sometimes the information can change with the time). At the same time, if you are working with books or articles, you need to provide some different details. You should indicate the full name of the author, the title of the publication, the date of the publication, the publishing company of a book, the volume and issue number (if it is a journal), and the number of the page(s) that you have used.
In conclusion, it is easy to see that completing a bibliography is one of the most critical parts of the assignments. The students should keep in mind that, without a well-written bibliography page, they will be probably asked to revise their papers or they will eventually receive a low mark. As a result, it is fair to state that it is essential not to ignore the last but not the least significant page of the assignment, which means providing a high-quality bibliography. As far as you can see, impressing your teacher with your work and completing a high-quality bibliography is not difficult. Consequently, this part of writing will not be a challenge for you anymore because now you are aware of all the important tips.