“How to write a good assignment for university?” it is the question you will probably ask yourself once you are accepted at a higher education institution. Doing a lot of university assignments is a tedious procedure, but it should not mean that you always have to get your nose in a book. Use the information below in order to make the process of doing university assignment inspiring, entertaining and pleasant.
If you consider the following situation to be the only possible one, I am afraid that you are wrong. For example, you may have so many assignments that your life consists of nothing but study. You don`t go out with your friends, watch little or no TV, and spend time at home or in the university library while writing a good assignment. Don`t follow this way, as strategy, good planning and a lot of different techniques, which are very efficient, will make writing an essay or another piece of writing easier and more productive.
Don’t waste your time!
Order your assignment!
Don`t seek for an easy way
In the search for higher grades and an easier life, some students buy an online essay that is ‘supposedly’ written by experts. Students who use an online essay, an article which is often poorly written, are never going to do as well as students who take the time actually to study their subject. Another situation is when you use such services when you don’t have time at all. However, here you need to use only high-quality companies.
Don`t be a real procrastinator and keep in mind that leaving writing an assignment for university level until the last minute is a wrong idea. As doing so, you are likely to burn the midnight oil, get bad sleep and be exhausted. Better try to do university assignment in advance and start early instead of waiting until the last minute and rushing to meet your deadline. Making a plan is a right idea as it helps you to be organized and focused on what needs to be done. Keep to that schedule, and you are sure to do well.
You should cover as much material as possible, but one of quite an important issue is that you will find a great deal of information while doing research. You should pluck out what is necessary, so you will take out the information that is essential for writing a good assignment for university. If you are not sure of the facts, look them up in a reference book.
Learn and comprehend the fundamental notions
It is important to learn how to think critically while writing an assignment, as it is generally considered to be a very demanding task. You shouldn`t pull down monuments in a good assignment for university, as arguing against well-established academic theories or beliefs probably will not bring success. Make sure that you learned and comprehended the fundamental notions of the debate, and if possible, try to expand your writing with something more to the issue rather than rake over familiar ground. So how to do an assignment for university level? Motivation, planning, and work are keys to success.
Different parts of the essay
It is worth mentioning that generally writing consists of introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. All the time explore the kind of assignment that you have to write and take into account what would be the most relevant method to organize that kind of writing.
Writing the introduction (+ 10% of the assignment)
The introduction should provide the reader with the common characteristic of the issue. In order to convince readers to go on reading, a successful introduction needs to grab their attention. To achieve this result, an introduction can use one or more of several techniques:
- Start with unbiased approval;
- Refer to the remarkable case or stage;
- Begin with a quote, a proverb or a rhetorical question;
- Start with an issue that needs to be solved;
Writing the body (+ 80% of the assignment)
The discussion is usually presented into a number of paragraphs. Each paragraph indicates some information which should be connected to your outline and theme of the assignment.
To make thoughts in a piece of writing easy to pursue, you should use cohesion. Cohesion regards the connections between sentences and paragraphs so that the piece of writing flow well.
- Use linking words and phrases, which show contrast, list and add points, introduce reasons and examples, introduce a conclusion. You may use an ellipsis, i.e., omitting words when something is repeated, or substitution, i.e., changing words when something is repeated.
- Referring, i.e., pronouns, demonstratives, phrases; synonymy, i.e., using words that mean the same and antonymy, i.e., using words that mean the opposite, will make your writing or assignment more impressive.
- You can always convince the reader through data and facts, but using persuasive techniques makes the piece of writing more dynamic. Such methods are called persuasive techniques.
- Hyperbole, i.e., exaggerated language that makes everything seem more important or more emotional.
- Imperatives – use of imperative to give a sense of importance and of urgency.
- Personal pronouns – use of I, we, you to create a feeling that the writer is addressing the reader directly and personally.
- Emotive language – an expressive vocabulary that makes the reader feel a range of emotions.
- Alliteration – the same sound, especially consonant, at the beginning of words that are close together.
Writing the conclusion (+ 10% of the assignment)
A successful conclusion briefly characterizes the points made and provides a satisfactory end to the essay. To do this, a conclusion can use one or more of several techniques. You can:
- offer the reader something to think over;
- end with a quotation, saying or rhetorical question;
- end with an objective statement.
Edit and proofread
While doing a good assignment, you should be aware of checking and improving on a piece of writing with the help of revising, proofreading and editing. Don`t forget to re-organize an essay or composition with the help of editing if necessary.
When you finish writing your essay, check the following:
- word length;
- whether all main points from the prompt is clearly laid out paragraphs;
- appropriate formal style;
- correct grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- use of persuasive language;
- use of topic sentences to start body paragraphs;
- use of examples, reasons to justify each viewpoint;
- variety of techniques to start and end;
- appropriate use of linkers.
Ensure that a piece of written work meets all formal requirements.